Friday, July 06, 2007

wrong number

Something really funny happened today and i must put it down here, i am sure i will be laughing at this in the years to come and this is a true incident .
I called my wife who is at didi's house in jullandhar, a maid picks up the phone and she doesnt doesnt understand much of hindi so hands over the phone to a lady:

me: hello
lady: hello, who is on the line?
me: is it deepa dogra's residence?
lady: yes, whom do you wish to speak to?
me: i am looking to speak to meetu dogra.
lady: wrong number.
me: you just said this was deepa dogra's residence?
lady: sorry wrong number . click.

After putting the phone down I think" who ever that wrong number girl was she had a gooooood voice"

My wife calls in 4 hours later and while talking i ask her if didi'd number has changed and she says no it hasn't then she asks if i called i tell her that yes i called 4 hours ago and i was told that this number is not correct. She bursts out laughing and says sorry i didn't recognize your voice and i said niether did i but i asked your name you should have recognized yours and didi's names atleast. She told me that she thought it is a recovery agent from idea who has been calling regarding some 2 years old billing dispute of mine.

1.After 15 years of knowing each other we did not recognize each others voices.

2. I really liked the voice of the girl on the other side of phone, it was not the voice only but the way she spoke ofcourse i did not know it was my wife.

I am scared and not laughing anymore.

7 comments:

Shuv said...

hahahaha!!!!! loneliness can do strange things man!! shitting in my pants after reading the post...are you thinking of........?

Scout said...

heh. good one. and where are you located?

Vikas said...

Shuv: yes i thought of..... but i am over it now.
Scout: Thanks, i can be located in Adelaide.

Anonymous said...

a thought..wouldn't it be real nice..if we could all marry someone else's wife?

Vikas said...

no rip who wants to start all over again? not me.
I am very surprised by people who remarry, i wish i could meet one in real life and know the reasons behind.

Shuv said...

meet me

ghetufool said...

reason to start it all over again.